Good morning, folks!
During my morning commute today, the DJ’s were all stuck on this pending “Snowpocalypse Pt. II”. The rumor is that this week will be worse than the one we had two weeks ago, the one that put me out of work for four (unpaid) days. I’m originally from Coastal SC, so driving in snow and ice is completely foreign to me — but put me in a torrential downpour or a hurricane, and I’m good to go.
I have seen snow two other times in my life that I can remember, and I was too young then to have to worry about driving in it. I could put the Ziploc bags over my shoes (It’s the South…who has snowshoes??) and run around for about 20 minutes before running back into the house to thaw out in front of the fireplace.
So, this begs the question, if I am out of work for a couple of days, what in the world am I going to do to survive all of that downtime? Here are few ideas:
1. Spend some time with my kid, although this did prove detrimental to me during my involuntary 4-day vacation. I got so used to being with him 24/7 again, that I dreaded going back to work — and I actually enjoy where I work!
2. Work on my taxes. Why not? I could use that refund right about now!
3. I’m fine on groceries and baby food for the rest of the week. So, food goal: Find a kick-ass new pork chop recipe and make my neighbors jealous with the aromatic food smells wafting from my apartment.
4. More freelance work! This would be a good time to send me some project ideas, j/s 🙂
5. Find a new TV show to get addicted to on Netflix. Still waiting on the new season of Orange is the New Black.
I’m sure this list will grow the longer I’m off work. But, for now, I’m going to churn out as many memos and letters as I can, and hope and pray that this disastrous “devil’s dandruff” (how’s that for alliteration?) is a just an exaggeration, and flurries will be the greatest of my worries.
How’s the weather where you are? If you’re experiencing some unusual winter weather, how are you coping?
How’s the weather where you are?